Sometimes when stressed or run down we get tunnel vision and everything gets distorted. We are then unable to have or express positive thoughts and emotions.
The trick to positive thinking is to do things to promote the habit also it is totally healthy and normal to have negative thought and sometimes entertaining them for a bit is healthy as long as you stop or change them afterwords.
Keep on making lemonade even if life decides to give you MANY unusable lemons.
Some helpful ways to encourage positive thinking is I found that work for me is
1. Limited your worrying thoughts 💭, I do something called worry time . That means for an hour a day I entertain negative and worrisome thoughts then I put them in box and focus on other things once the hour is done.
2. Practice gratitude
3. Take on a positive stress free hobby.
4. Keep a journal
5. Read positive books, quotes or watch uplifting movies.
6. Self Affirmations
9. Work on your self of esteem
10. Limit time on social media
12. Reconnect with nature
13. Spend time with positive people in your life
All help you destress, refocus and continue to keep on thinking positively.